Colonial Savannah Walking Tour
Our Colonial Savannah Walking Tour invites you to begin where Savannah started in 1733 in Johnson Square. Consider the vision and purpose for Georgia and the critical alliances between Oglethorpe, Tomochichi, and Mary Musgrove. Learn the skills required to defend Savannah from fire and sword. Relieve the defense of Georgia against the Spanish in 1742! Salute the Washington Guns, explore River Street, and scale the bluff that Savannah was built upon. March in the footsteps of the Liberty Boys, trace the convictions, faith, words and actions in response to taxation without representation, and the slogan Join, or Die. Conclude in front of the Government House in Telfair Square and relieve a showdown between the Royal Governor and angry Georgians in 1765!
Georgia Standards of
Excellence in Learning Addressed:
SS4H1 - Explain the causes, events, and results of the American Revolution
SS8H3 - Analyze the role of Georgia in the American Revolutionary Era
SSUSH2 - Describe the early English colonial society and investigate the development of its governance
SSUSH3 - Analyze the causes of the American Revolution
SSUSH4 - Analyze the ideological, military, social, and diplomatic aspects of the American Revolution
All guests receive learning resources and a template of a certificate of completion.
Price for each Tour
1. Single Rate (Ages 7+) ~ $30 ~ Visit our BOOK NOW button and see our availability!
2. Group Rate (Ages 7+ for Groups of up to 13) ~ $222 ~ Please see below for booking instructions
3. Additional Group Rate Single Ticket (Ages 7+ for each Ticket in a Group over 13) ~ $17
How to Book your Liberty Encounters History Program
1. Contact Liberty Encounters at email@example.com or 302.668.8029 to confirm a time and date that works for you!
2. Send payment to book your program. Payment options include a Check made out to Aaron Bradford, Cash, Venmo, or online Credit Card (which charges the 1.9% credit card + 30 cents per transaction fee, and 7% sales tax).
If you choose to use a Credit Card, after you contact Liberty Encounters, we will email you a link using the FareHarbor application.
Programs are booked upon receipt of payment. Programs may be cancelled and refunds issued up to two weeks before the program date, minus a non-refundable $75 booking fee. If Liberty Encounters cancels a program due to unforeseen circumstances, a full refund will be issued.
3. Receive confirmation email. After your program, you will review an email with resources and template for a certificate of completion to enhance this learning opportunity.
Please know that gratuities are gratefully appreciated, but are not demanded with sword or bayonet!
These engaging Walking Tours illuminate and inspire! They are ideal for those interested in history as individuals or in small parties in tours for the public, or for groups of families, Girl Scouts, homeschoolers, students, and military. See what participants have to say!