Revolutionary War Savannah Walking Tour
Our Revolutionary War Savannah Walking Tour continues the story of Colonial Georgia in Johnson Square in 1775. Train on the musket and consider how Georgians reacted to the news of the Battle of Lexington and Concord. We relive actions by the Liberty Boys at the sundial, march to stirring songs of American Liberty, the swashbuckling action of the ship Liberty, Battle of the Rice Boats, and Savannah’s First Independence Day. Learn the fate of Georgia fighting with British held Saint Augustine. Consider the political slogan, Join, or Die, as we consider a famous duel between Patriots. The soaring 15 foot tall statue of the, “Gallant Sergeant Jasper” during the 1779 Siege of Savannah is brought to life in Madison Square. Conclude with a fitting dress parade.
Georgia Standards of
Excellence in Learning Addressed:
SS4H1 - Explain the causes, events, and results of the American Revolution
SS4CG1 - Describe the meaning of natural rights as found in the Declaration of Independence
SS8H3 - Analyze the role of Georgia in the American Revolutionary Era
SSUSH2 - Describe the early English colonial society and investigate the development of its governance
SSUSH3 - Analyze the causes of the American Revolution
SSUSH4 - Analyze the ideological, military, social, and diplomatic aspects of the American Revolution
All guests receive learning resources and a template of a certificate of completion.
1. Single Rate (Ages 7+) ~ $30 ~ Visit our BOOK NOW button and see our availability!
2. Group Rate (Ages 7+ for Groups of up to 13) ~ $222 ~ Please see below for booking instructions
3. Additional Group Rate Single Ticket (Ages 7+ for each Ticket in a Group over 13) ~ $17
How to Book your Liberty Encounters History Program
1. Contact Liberty Encounters at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302.668.8029 to confirm a time and date that works for you!
2. Send payment to book your program. Payment options include a Check made out to Aaron Bradford, Cash, Venmo, or online Credit Card (which charges the 1.9% credit card + 30 cents per transaction fee, and 7% sales tax).
If you choose to use a Credit Card, after you contact Liberty Encounters, we will email you a link using the FareHarbor application.
Programs are booked upon receipt of payment. Programs may be cancelled and refunds issued up to two weeks before the program date, minus a non-refundable $75 booking fee. If Liberty Encounters cancels a program due to unforeseen circumstances, a full refund will be issued.
3. Receive confirmation email. After your program, you will review an email with resources and template for a certificate of completion to enhance this learning opportunity.
Please know that gratuities are gratefully appreciated, but are not demanded with sword or bayonet!
These engaging Walking Tours illuminate and inspire! They are ideal for those interested in history as individuals or in small parties in tours for the public, or for groups of families, Girl Scouts, homeschoolers, students, and military. See what participants have to say!