Georgia Patriot Refugee
Just as Savannah was captured by the British in 1778 and many Patriots were forced to flee, this immersive learning adventure allows participants to continue the story by leaving the splendor of the squares of Savannah for the lush nearby countryside. Participants shoulder their musket (or borrow a wooden musket from Liberty Encounters) and proceed along the beautiful 3/4 of a mile trail and 2 acre field at the Preserve on Whitemarsh Island. Participants practice the skills and learn of the perseverance, sacrifice, and courage practiced by the men, women, and children of the Georgia Refugees, triumph of the Patriots at the Battle of Cowpens, and determination displayed by James Jackson in the later days of the American Revolution. Would you like to experience Georgia history in a fun, engaging, and unforgettable way with your learning group? This experience covers the following Georgia Standards of Learning.
Georgia Standards of Excellence in Learning Addressed:
SS4H1 - Explain the causes, events, and results of the American Revolution
SS4CG1 - Describe the meaning of natural rights as found in the Declaration of Independence
SS8H3 - Analyze the role of Georgia in the American Revolutionary Era
SSUSH4 - Analyze the ideological, military, social, and diplomatic aspects of the American Revolution
All guests receive learning resources and the template for a certificate of completion.
Teachers and Administrators ~
From a homeschooling mother:
QUESTION - Would you recommend this experience to others, and if so, why?
ANSWER - Yes. I think it's awesome to reinforce book work with experience and real life application. Plus make things fun."
"Once again, I found the quality of your program very impressive. The students were captivated and inspired."
“There is a great deal of involvement going on and the students of any age would learn a great deal about their state.”
"I think that this was the most fun, exciting, and coolest activity we have done all year, no lie!"
"I thought it was amazing how you could bring so much history in one day."
"I have been reading ahead in our history book.. and I am enjoying reading about it a lot."
3. 1779 - 1783 Georgia Patriot Refugee Learning Adventure at the Preserve on nearby Whitemarsh Island - 60 Minutes
1. Group Rate (Ages 7+ for Groups of up to 13) ~ $195
2. Additional Group Rate Single (Ages 7+ for each Ticket in a Group over 16) ~ $12
How to Book your Liberty Encounters History Program for Groups:
1. Contact Liberty Encounters at firstname.lastname@example.org or 302.668.8029 to confirm a time and date that works for you!
2. Send payment to book your program. Payment options include a Check made out to Aaron Bradford, Cash, Venmo, or online Credit Card (which charges the 1.9% credit card + 30 cents per transaction fee, and 7% sales tax).
If you choose to use a Credit Card, after you contact Liberty Encounters, we will email you a link using the FareHarbor application.
Programs are booked upon receipt of payment. Programs may be cancelled and refunds issued up to two weeks before the program date, minus a non-refundable $75 booking fee. If Liberty Encounters cancels a program due to unforeseen circumstances, a full refund will be issued.
3. Receive confirmation email. After your program, you will review an email with resources and template for a certificate of completion to enhance this learning opportunity.
Please know that gratuities are gratefully appreciated, but are not demanded with sword or bayonet!